Starting an Amazon store can be a great way to expand your business, or launch a brand new product.
Amazon, the largest eCommerce company in the world, can help you get your business started. You can benefit from the brand’s delivery and logistics support, as well as premium online selling solutions that don’t require large infrastructure investments.
Before you can open a shop on Amazon you will need to know the basics of setting up a seller account. Here’s a quick guide to help you get started selling on Amazon.
For beginners, learn the basics of selling on Amazon
- It’s important that you understand the multiple plans available on Amazon for new sellers before you begin selling on Amazon.
- The Individual plan is the first. It charges a fee for each item sold on the platform. This plan is affordable. However, it does come with some limitations.
- The Professional plan is the second, and it charges a monthly fee to your store page. This plan gives you more control, such as the ability set your own shipping rates.
- You can choose from either one of the following plans depending on your business’s budget and size to get started with the platform. Amazon may levy additional charges on top of the fees listed here. You may also be charged referral or fulfillment fees.
Choose How You Will Fulfill Your Product Shipment
- Amazon offers a variety of fulfillment plans that can be used to fulfill your selling plans. This is a crucial step in learning how to sell on Amazon.
- You can ship your own products in the first option. As each sale is made through the platform, you will need to store, package and ship each item. You will be responsible for additional duties, but the fulfillment fee is lower.
- You can choose to ship your products via Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) in the second option. This allows you to ship the items you need to Amazon warehouses. Amazon fulfils each shipment as soon as it arrives. Amazon offers fast shipping. However, this can come at a higher cost.
Optimize your store and product listings
- After you’ve selected the options that you want to create your Amazon Seller account, there are a few steps you need to follow to set up your shop. You will need to upload product listings on the eCommerce platform.
- This process can take a while depending on how many products you have. You should take your time and ensure that you have accurate and complete information.
- You will need to learn how to sell on Amazon.com for beginners. This will ensure that your products are visible to the right people and not just your competitors.
Increase Your Sales and Exposure
- Sponsored listings can be a great way to boost sales of your products on Amazon. This allows you to reach more people while also having a new store on Amazon.
- You will need to create a brand personality that differentiates you from other sellers in order to increase your sales. This includes optimizing your product listings and maintaining your credibility on the platform.
- You can do this by getting as many reviews as possible from your new customers. You can ask customers to leave reviews whenever they purchase your product by going into your seller record. This adds an additional step to your after-sales processes. It also allows you to quickly add credible ratings to your products.
Answer customers’ questions and inquires
- You should make it a point of engaging with your customers through the Customer Questions & Answers feature when learning how to sell on Amazon. You can reply to customers who post questions about the product.
- This is a way to answer common questions that potential customers might have about your products. This approach also shows potential customers that you are involved in product sales. This adds to your credibility as a seller.
- This ensures that customers who depend on product details don’t disregard your offerings. You have a better chance of reaching a wider audience if you provide more information about your products.
- It can be difficult to get your Amazon store up and running. However, consistent quality and services can help you establish a stronger profile on Amazon.